Overview of content:
- What is healthy living & why should we live healthier?
- What happens if we don’t?
- The obesity epidemic and why we are getting fatter
- Interactive three minute exercise routine
- What are the top killers of men?
- Lung cancer, bowel cancer, prostate cancer, heart disease, gout, skin cancer & impotency.
- Why have a general Men’s Health Check?
- The signs of anxiety and depression and what we can do
- Why talking helps, and how to start a conversation
- Where to find more information on men’s health
- Health Checks: Blood Pressure readings and what the numbers tell us
- Health Checks: Am I a healthy size and what can I do about it?
Ticks All The Boxes:
- It’s affordable at $1,000 +gst
- Covers the most important men’s health issues
- Targeted at men
- Presented by men
- Includes basic health checks
- Includes Q+A if time permits
- Includes a series of four men’s health posters for the workplace
- Available both during and after work hours
Book Your Talk Today:
We take a two minute exercise break mid way through to get heart rates up, spark some friendly competition, and improve concentration. This is led by Robin Leaton, physiotherapist and advisor to the Men’s Health Trust, via video.
At the end of the talk we have a blood pressure and waist measurement taking session with worksheets to take home and keep track of how things are going. Due to the interactive nature of the presentation, the audience size is limited to 40 per session.
Health Talk Packs:
Everyone gets a take home pack which includes:
- Men’s Health Check-ups brochure: How to book a Check-up, what to expect, and what kinds of things you can talk to your doctor about.
- Signs & Symptoms brochure: How to recognise the early signs of common men’s illnesses and cancers, and what to do about it.
- Tape measure to keep tabs on waist size.
- Worksheets for blood pressure and waist size.
- Men’s Health Trust pen printed with our website so it’s always handy.
CURRENTLY AUCKLAND AND WELLINGTON ONLY. We are working towards expanding our network to reach more areas in 2018.
Thank you to our Men’s Health Talk sponsor, nib.